Monday, August 11, 2008

Changes, Soul Searching, and Where they got me.

So obviously I haven't blogged in a long time. According to blogger.com I haven't touched my little piece of the internet world since May 1st. So you might be asking, "Ever where the fuck have you been?" My answer for you is: Trying to get my life in order.

You see after graduating from college (WOOHOO!) (Kind of.) I moved back in with my parents (Again...WOOHOO) (NOT!) and starting working at the same restaurant I've been working at for the past 9 summers. My life was awesome (not really) after I graduated. I spent my time in one of three places:

1. My parent's house
2. Work
3. My Boyfriend's apartment at school

Only three problems there:
1. I can't stand my parents
2. I hate my job.
3. Soon after graduation my boyfriend broke up with me. (In retrospect not a huge deal cause I found someone better/got to express some feelings that I had been holding back for nearly a year - More about that in another post.)

After getting used to the fact that my life sucked, I decided that I wasn't going to just bend over and let life fuck me in the ass. (Contrary to popular beleif I'm not a dirty slut.) So I sat down one rainy day at work and started thinking about what I want to better myself in and how I can get my life rolling in the right direction. In the course of 3 hours I came up with a list of 20 goals to accomplish by the end of the year. My goals are as follows: (Note: some goals are omitted to protect the innocent.)

1. Apply for Grad School
2. Watch 25 of AFI's top 100 movies of all time
3. Know the capitals of all 50 states
4. Plan a vacation to go on next year
5. Read 10 books that I've never read before
6. Start learning another language
7. Find a job that I enjoy
8. Learn how to mix drinks
9. Clean out my room at my parent's house
10. Make college scrapbook
11. Write at least 3 chapters of my book
12. Learn how to play ultimate
13. [Goal Not Included]
14. Keep in touch with Lamey and T when they are away
15. [Goal Not Included]
16. Blog at least once a week
17. Complete hat box project
18. [Goal Not Included]
19. Organize Pine Dale staff dinner
20. Pay off all credit cards.

So there you go. That's what I've been up to. Now feel free to comment on wheather you think my goals are possible, books that I might find interesting, cool places to go on vacation. Stuff like that.

If you didn't notice one of my goals in to blog at least once a week so you'll be hearing form me much more now I promise.

No comments: