Monday, September 8, 2008

The 8 Irresistible Principles of Fun

While stumbling the other day (Don't know what stumble is? Read one of my older posts) I came across a site with a flash video called, "The 8 Irresistible Principles of Fun." Followed by the link below, which I suggest that you check out so you have some understanding as to what I'm talking about, are my comments about the video. It is very funny that I stumbled this site since I've been doing a lot of self examination as of late.

http://www.eightprinciples.com/

Personally I enjoy having fun. In fact I at least hope most people do. I feel that if you did a survey about the fun people have in their lives there would be a vast majority of people that don't feel like they have enough fun. The video points out that "It's not absolutely necessary that you have fun...but life it better when you do!" Now this a a phrase that I could definitely live my life by. I try to have as much fun as possible, because when I'm not having fun I feel that life sucks. I think that's why I could never be one of those people that does a job that they hate just because they can make a lot of money doing it. I have a few close friends that are in or are going into professions that will earn them a shitload of money, but they hater and honestly I feel bad for them. I mean its not that they bad people at all I just feel that they have so much to offer the world and that they shouldn't be sitting behind a desk in the corner office. But, hey that's their call not mine.

1. Stop hiding who you really are...I don't really feel that I need to go in depth with this. I am who I am and that's all that I am. A very wise woman I met recently put it like this, "I don't have any flies around me and all of my skeletons are out of the closet."

2. Start being intensely selfish. Pay attention to the things that mean the most to you. Think about "the legacy you want to leave." With my life in a bit of a spiral (upward or downward have yet to be decided.) I've been thinking a lot about the important people lately. The ones I can't live without that ones that mean something to me. I'm trying more and more to keep in contact with. I'm tired of sitting around waiting for people to keep me around. I want to keep people around. I decide who stays in my life and no one else.

3. Stop following the rules. Well, this is something that I'm a bit of an expert at. Don't get me wrong, I follow the big shit. I mean I'm not going out shooting people and robbing banks. But every once in a while you've gotta let loose and if that means breaking some rules then so be it.

When I was young I had a lot of rules to follow, which were thrust up me by my controlling mother. I've been slowly breaking away from those rules as time has gone by. Since I recently moved out I've nearly broken free...and I feel great!

4. Start scaring yourself. Be adventurous. Be outrageous. Do the unthinkable. Check. I'm doing ti right now! I'm in the midst of an adventure I call love. It just started and I plan it going on for a long time. I'm working towards my dreams by applying to grad school and taking a job in a place I knew zero, nil, nothing about definitely qualifies as scaring myself. (Side note: they never said that these things were suppose to be good ideas.)

5. Stop taking it all so damn seriously. Okay so this is something I struggle with. I always have. I take things I do seriously mainly because everything that I do matters to me. The people I deal with (okay not all of them), the things I do, it all matters to me. Somethings shouldn't but they do. I guess its just who I am.

6. Start getting rid of the crap. Oh the crap. Everybody's got crap. Baggage. Skeletons. Whatever you want to call it get rid of it. Its hard. Trust me I know. I have only recently been able to get rid of a few things that have been bogging me down. But let me tell you I feel a hell of a lot better, and you will too if you just let it happen.

Like I said, I recently got rid of somethings. One of these things was a person that just was a pain in my ass. She was not a good person and the only way she made herself feel better was to put others down. I dealt with her shit to keep the air clear for the mutual friends we shared. Now that I have moved to a new place I don't need to deal with her issues. And if I'm ever around and she pulls the same crap. I can tell her what I feel. I'm done with it. And it makes me feel better.

7. Stop being busy. Alright now, this one I just can't follow. I enjoy being busy. The people and things that are important to me get the time and attention they deserve. That's all that matters to me.

8. Start Something. Right now I'm starting a lot of things. A new job. A new place to live. Applying to grad school. Trying to accomplish my goals. Name something and I'll start it. While I'm kinda freaked out about starting my "new life" I'm ready for the challenge and I'm starting to have fun with it. And isn't that the point of it all anyway?

No comments: