Thursday, March 27, 2008

Fun with the Boys Part 2

Writing is all fun and games until you have to look at what you wrote and take it back. I do not consider my self a hypocrite because I am openly admitting that things have changed since my last entry about my guy friends. Please allow me to explain.

For spring break (Spring Break WOOOO!!) I went on a road trip to Canada with three of my guy friends. This trip was the first time I had ever been somewhere for spring break in my four years of college, and I was pumped. Anyway, on the trip my best friend and I ended up kissing one night (completely sober) and now we are dating.

Now, this is a recent development and I had never really thought that (1) I would ever date someone in my circle of guy friends and (2) that any of them would actually want to date me. Don't take that last statement as me having low self-esteem or that I have issues, but it's just not something I had ever really thought about before.

Looking back I guess it was all kind of inevitable that we would eventually get together. We had kind of a history of getting drunk and making out, but at the time I didn't see that as any more than getting drunk and making out. I mean we were really close before we started dating and, in some cases, I was closer to him that some of his girl friends ever were. We have a lot of fun together. We both enjoy the Red Sox, a good episode of Kenny Vs. Spenny, and we might possibly be two of the dorkiest people in the world. Most of all we have a general understanding of how the other works, if that makes any sense. And although I'm speaking in the early stages of our relationship I can honestly say that I'm very happy.

One thing that I have learned from this experience is that dating, relationships, or however you want to categorize what you and the rest of the world do just kind of falls in your lap. It isn't planned and if you try to plan it you'll most likely fall flat on your face.

So, while I still enjoy having fun with the boys, lately I've been having a little bit more fun.

No comments: