Wednesday, April 9, 2008

M*A*S*Hing my Scrubby life into the ER

I lead a pretty busy life; working, doing my theatre thing, writing, boozing - you know how I do. So I don't have many TV shows that I watch regularly. However I do have my guilty pleasure TV. Everyone has them, and if you say you don't you're a huge fucking liar. From Reality TV to late night Skinamax guilty pleasure TV can be found at any time, day or night.

For me guilty pleasure TV is anything that has to do with doctors, medicine, and hospitals. I don't really understand why, but that's just the way it is. I was hooked at a young age watching M*A*S*H with my Dad. I just couldn't get enough of the 4077th. I was obsessed. I mean what other 10 year old do you know that was Hot Lips Houlihan for Halloween?

Then ER came out. And let me tell you once reruns hit TBS, holidays, vacations, and sick days were the best days of my life. Dr. Carter become the love of my life. He was so cute trying to balance living his life and saving the lives of his patients. And please lets not forget about George Clonoey because he was amazing as Dr. Ross. There's just something about a man that is good with children that is so damn cute.

My latest medical must see is Scrubs. It's funny, it's heartfelt, it's all around a fantastic show. JD and Turk are the ultimate ebony and ivory team (Which my friends Brad and Dajaun bring to life for me everyday.) Dr. Cox pushes the buttons of everyone in the hospital just to make them better doctors and The Janitor, well he likes to fuck with people's heads.

All of these shows make my busy life I bit more bearable when I'm flipping through the TV and happen to stumble upon a rerun. So, dearest TV executives if you keep on making MD drama, comedy, whatever shows, I'll keep watching.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to hear more about these Brad and Dajaun fellows...they sound fascinating!